Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Funeral tales

Well we just got back from the funeral. I've been to other Indian funerals before but this one was kind of weird.
First of they had a lot of rituals everyone that's related applying oil to the deceased forehead, placing rice onto a white cloth and also using water to wet the area surrounding the body. All of that I have seen before but they did something really weird this time. You see my uncle was a bachelor and so at one point in the ceremonies , the guy officiating asks all the unmarried people and children to leave the area, but being the busy body that I am I stuck around just for the heck of it.
What I witnessed amazed me, they actually got him married to a shoot of a banana plant. Seriously that's what it looked like.
Anyways the funeral is over now, and I can get back to obsessing over basketball. Just as soon as I get over the exhaustion of being awake all day .

No comments: